Stamullen is located on the border of Counties Meath and Dublin, a few miles from the coast and just off the M1 motorway (J7).
The village and it's surrounding area is rich in heritage and culture. The medieval ruins of St. Patrick's Church within the graveyard date to the early 13th Century. The graveyard also hosts the ruins of St. Christopher's chapel, built by the Preston family who were Viscounts of Gormanston from 1363 to 1947. The newer St. Patrick's Church, built in 1831 and recently renovated and updated, is the central point of the village.
Life in the late 1990's and early 2000's brought substantial change to the village. Housing estates grew up and shops and other developments were built to support the growing population. Stamullen today is greatly changed from the sleepy village of 20 years ago!